Thursday, January 24

The Charmer

It started Wednesday last week, we went to one of the bars in Timog because it was my cousin's birthday and I wanted her to have fun. It was a slow night but everything changed when this guy went to the stage. At first, I thought he was cute, but didn't really think of anything out of the ordinary. My friend couldn't stop talking about how cute he was, but I just didn't mind him. At the back of my mind though, I thought he was the cutest in the room, and all the time I was just staring at him. The moment he sang, I actually felt weird. The spotlight was on him, all I can see is his face, the way he smiled, the way his face changed whenever he was trying to hit a high note. I don't think I felt that way before. It was like my emotions were swirling inside me. His voice was like a spell pulling my insides toward him. At that time, I told myself “this is bad, I think I seriously like him...” I still remember the song he was singing then, it was “I'll be there” by Mariah Carey and some guy. He was singing the male part. Until now, as pathetic as it may seem, his voice is still in my mind, especially the part where he was belting out. I couldn't understand what happened to me but I was struck by this guy. I told myself I'm gonna go back next week to see him perform again. I thought he was my Charmer. It wasn't easy to get him off my mind. Actually I even told my friends about that guy, and were just laughing and telling me it was just infatuation.

Hours ago, I was with my cousin again and we're on our way home from Bonifacio High Street, when her friend (who knows a lot of people in the bar) sent a message to my cousin saying that the guy, who I will call the Charmer from now on, likes me and was asking for my number. All of a sudden, I was anxious of what happened. Was my cousin's friend able to give my number? How did he say it? Was it really me he was referring to? Is this really happening? A lot of questions popped into my mind. I was so eager to find the answers to my questions. And since it's Wednesday, and he's gonna be performing in the bar, I told myself I have to be there and see him.

Inside the bar, I waited for hours for him to come out to the stage and sing, and when I first saw him, I felt my heart beat faster. Is he gonna see me? Will he look at me? The bar was almost closing and nothing was still happening so I decided to call it a night and went to the washroom before leaving. When I came back, I saw him talking to my cousin. I honestly didn't know if I would go back to the washroom and pretend that I left something or should approach him and ask him if he really did ask for my number. I mustered all the confidence inside me and approached them. My cousin introduced him to me. He shook my hand and we went outside. When we said goodbye, I thought I needed to get his number so I gave my phone to my cousin and asked her to get his number for me. We waited for a couple of minutes and went home.

We went to my cousin's friend so I could get details on what happened and what he said about me. I just found out that last Tuesday, the Charmer was asking her about me and to introduce him to me. He was even asking her to tell me to go there tonight. While she was telling me the story I couldn't help but smile. After a few minutes of thinking whether I should text him or not, I took my phone and sent a message to him introducing myself and saying that I was the one who asked for his number. Few minutes passed, which felt like hours, I got a message from him saying that he also wanted to get my number but was just shy about it. He said that he hopes that he could see me again. I said “Sure. Next time I'll invite you to have dinner or something. :)”

No comments: